The Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®) is a standardized test for applicants who are planning to do an MBA or a PhD in Business Management or a Masters program in Finance, Human Resources etc. from a business school in US, Europe or Canada. Many universities in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore also ask for GMAT scores. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) under the sponsorship of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) publishes GMAT. In India Prometric administers the test.
Anyone and everyone is eligible for taking the GMAT - there are no restrictions based on age or qualifications. The test scores are valid for five years i.e. most universities accept scores up to five years old. But it is always better if your scores are recent (not older than 2 years).
GMAT® Minimum Requirement for Scheduling the Exam
- You must be at least 18 years old. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, you must get permission from a parent or legal guardian. If you do need permission, you must provide written proof of your guardian’s consent prior to scheduling the exam.
- You may take the exam only five times within a 12 month period.
- You must wait at least 31 days after you take the exam before you can take it again.
- You must wait at least five years if you have previously achieved a perfect Total score of 800.
- You must follow all of the registration and testing rules
GMAT® Exam Structure
GMAT Exam consists of following four parts
- Analytical Writing Assessment (30 minutes; 1 question; Score Range 0-6)
- Integrated Reasoning (30 minutes; 12 questions; Score Range 1-8)
- Quantitative section (75 minutes; 37 questions; Score Range 0-60)
- Verbal section (75 minutes; 41 questions; Score Range 0-60)
GMAT® Schedule and Pay for Exam
- Your first step is to register for an mba.com account to schedule an appointment to take the GMAT exam. Register to schedule Your GMAT Exam
- The GMAT exam is delivered year-round and on demand in test centers around the world. Click to find Test Center in Your Country
- The cost to take the GMAT exam is US $250 globally which can be made via Credit cards and debit cards. Click to get further information about Fees Payment
- You can reschedule your appointment in a country other than the one in which you scheduled your original appointment. Please note that there is rescheduling fees associated which can be seen here
- You may cancel your appointment if you do not intend to reschedule. To know rule and regulations of cancellation visit here